Once the long-term potential of the resource has been determined, recovery equipment installed and the appropriate management system set up, resource utilization is the final step for ensuring the financial success of all activities.
The possible end-uses of LFG are:
- Boiler fuel (heat recovery with or without electric power generation);
- Engine fuel (mechanical or electric power with or without heat recovery);
- Turbine fuel (electric power with or without heat recovery);
- Vehicle fuel (mechanical power recovery);
- Injection into the natural gas grid;
- Production of chemicals.
Biothermica's expertise is applied to the design and construction of landfill gas utilization systems as well as their continuous operation.