The main steps for the registration of the project with the CDM Executive board were the following:
- February 2005 : Landfill gas rights agreement
- April 2005 : Preparation of Project Design Document (PDD)
- June 2005 : PDD submitted to the designated operational entity (DOE)
- September 2005 : Letters of approval from Canada and host country
- November 2005 : Project validation by DOE
- Mars 2006 : Official registration of the project with the CDM Executive board
Landfill gas rights agreement
This agreement is the result of negociations between Biothermica and Mides, it gives Biothermica the ownership the emissions reductions generated by the Nejapa project.
Project Design Document (PDD)
The preparation of the PDD and its submission to the DOE for validation were entirely realized in house by Biothermica’s team.